Subject: Putting GDM-17E10 monitor in power-save mode?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Travis Hassloch x231 <travis@EvTech.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/25/1996 14:18:58
I know this is a bit off topic, but our sysadmins don't believe me
when I say that my monitor used to go into power-save mode on my
SPARCstation 4.  In fact, they say "Sparc 4s can't put monitors in
powersave mode".  I remember seeing the "Power Saving" amber light
on my monitor, with my very own eyes.
We had an electrical storm and it doesn't seem to want to go into
power-save mode since then.  Can anyone tell me how to set that?

Also, is it just in the monitor, or does the pizzabox need to send
some kind of signal (DPMI? what is it called?) to the monitor.
Finally, if it does, is this signal generated by hard/firmware or
does software like X need to be configured.

Thanks 1E6....  you can't imagine how frustrating sheer denial is.
--
Travis Hassloch | 21st Century Digital Boy | P=NP if (P=0 or N=1)
``Two levels of "meta" ought to be enough for anyone''