Subject: Re: problem with config
To: None <ml@rz.uni-potsdam.de>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Holo.Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/19/1996 06:56:57
> I finally got NetBSD 1.1 installed on a sprc IPX.  Now it's running
> fine ( damn great job... never again solaris ! ) then I fetched the
> 1.2 kernel sources from somewhere, made a config for my machine, ran
> config and a lot of syntax errors appered:

> ../../../conf/files:32: syntax error
> ../../../conf/files:36: syntax error
> ../../../conf/files:40: syntax error
> ../../../conf/files:105: syntax error
> ../../../conf/files:106: syntax error

This usually means you're using an old config on kernel sources
designed for the new config.  Fetch the config(8) sources too, rebuild
that, and try again.

> ../../../conf/files: device `ahc' used but not defined

ahc?  AFAICT there is no ahc in the SPARC port.  You sure you were
running it on a SPARC config?

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca
		     01 EE 31 F6 BB 0C 34 36  00 F3 7C 5A C1 A0 67 1D