Subject: Some svr4 emulation tryings.
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/18/1996 21:21:14
I have just played a little bit with the svr4 emulation. It seems to work
much better than I expected, but I ran into some troubles:

Wabi starts and runs fine, I tried Coreldraw. However, it occassionally
can hang when moving around windows. I haven't been able to ktrace
why it hangs.

Java runs as much that it can at least say "hello world". I haven't
tried it more extensive.

Netscape runs java applications, but it appear extremely slow.
Can it be because of the non-supported cache on my SS4? Or is it
something else known?

MAE (A Macintosh Emulator) get a bus error when it has started,
but first it complain with:
T_FIXALIGN
T_SVR4_SETCC
T_SVR4_GETCC

Is there anything above that I can help with? I will be happy to
help searching for those troubles, if someone can tell me what to do :-)

-- Ragge