Subject: Need help.
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: What EES eet man? <greywolf@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/12/1996 12:09:54
With the following config file, could someone please build me a -current
kernel and put it up for anon ftp somewhere?  I'm having some severe problems
getting my tape drive to read/write properly on large transfers, and
having an SLC, I don't have a floopy drive, and I don't have an ISP
just yet, and it's my only machine for the moment, so I don't have any
other means of getting NetBSD re-installed.  Small transfers seem to work
okay, plus I can always boot from sunos and install it on the /altroot
(carefully preserved in -O fs format) and carry on from there.

I'll post back at the first sign of help so I don't have five guys
hopping around building me a kernel...:-)

[read: mail me before you bother building!]

			(--*greywolf)->u_flags |= U_GRATEFUL;

--- cut here --- cut here --- cut here --- cut here --- cut here --- cut here
# STARWOLF:  kernel for SLC
# Machine architecture; required by config(8)
machine		sparc

# Options for variants of the Sun SPARC architecure.
# At least one is required.
options 	SUN4C		# sun4c - SS1, 1+, 2, ELC, SLC, IPC, IPX, etc.

# Standard system options
options 	SWAPPAGER	# swap and anonymous memory; required
options 	VNODEPAGER	# mapped files; required
options 	DEVPAGER	# mapped devices; required
options 	KTRACE		# system call tracing
options 	SYSVMSG		# System V message queues
options 	SYSVSEM		# System V semaphores
options 	SYSVSHM		# System V shared memory
options 	LKM		# loadable kernel modules

# Compatibility options
options 	COMPAT_43	# 4.3BSD system interfaces
options 	COMPAT_10	# NetBSD 1.0 binary compatibility
options 	COMPAT_11	# NetBSD 1.1 binary compatibility
options 	COMPAT_SUNOS	# SunOS 4.x binary compatibility
options 	COMPAT_SVR4	# SunOS 5.x binary compatibility

# Filesystem options
options 	FFS		# Berkeley Fast Filesystem
options 	QUOTA		# FFS quotas
options 	KERNFS		# kernel data-structure filesystem
options 	NULLFS		# NULL layered filesystem
options 	MFS		# memory-based filesystem
options 	FDESC		# user file descriptor filesystem
options 	PROCFS		# /proc
options 	CD9660		# ISO 9660 + Rock Ridge file system
options 	UNION		# union file system
options 	FIFO		# POSIX fifo support (in all filesystems)

# Networking options
options 	INET		# IP stack
options 	TCP_COMPAT_42	# compatibility with 4.2BSD TCP/IP

# Options for SPARCstation hardware
options 	RASTERCONSOLE	# fast rasterop console
options		RCONSOLEWONB	# reverse video

# Generic swap; second partition of root disk or network.
config		netbsd	swap generic

# Main bus and CPU .. all systems.
mainbus0 at root
cpu0	at mainbus0

# Bus types found on SPARC systems.
sbus0	at mainbus0				# sun4c

audio0	at mainbus0				# sun4c

auxreg0	at mainbus0				# sun4c

# Power status and control register found on Sun4m systems
power0	at obio0

# Mostek clock found on 4/300, sun4c, and sun4m systems.
# The Mostek clock NVRAM is the "eeprom" on sun4/300 systems.
clock0	at mainbus0				# sun4c

# Memory error registers.
memreg0	at mainbus0				# sun4c

# Timer chip found on 4/300, sun4c, and sun4m systems.
timer0	at mainbus0				# sun4c

# Zilog 8530 serial chips.  Each has two-channels.
# zs0 is ttya and ttyb.  zs1 is the keyboard and mouse.
zs0	at mainbus0					# sun4c
zs1	at mainbus0					# sun4c

#
# Note the flags on the esp entries below, that work around
# deficiencies in the current driver:
#	bits 0-7:  disable disconnect/reselect for the corresponding target
#	bits 8-15: disable synch negotiation for target [bit-8]
#	Note: targets 4-7 have disconnect/reselect enabled on the premise
#	      that tape devices normally have one of these targets. Tape
#	      devices should be allowed to disconnect for the SCSI bus
#	      to operate acceptably.
#

# sun4c or sun4m SCSI - an NCR53c94 or equivalent behind
# specialized DMA glue
dma0	at sbus0 slot ? offset ?			# on-board SCSI
esp0	at sbus0 slot ? offset ? flags 0xff0f		# sun4c

# sun4/300 and sun4c Ethernet - an AMD 7990 LANCE
le0	at sbus0 slot ? offset ?			# sun4c on-board

# Sun "bwtwo" black and white framebuffer, found on sun4, sun4c, and sun4m
# systems.  If your sun4 system has a cgfour installed in the P4 slot,
# the P4 entries for "bwtwo" will attach to the overlay plane of the
# "cgfour".
bwtwo0	at sbus0 slot ? offset ?		# sun4c on-board

# SCSI bus layer.  SCSI devices attach to the SCSI bus, which attaches
# to the underlying hardware controller.
scsibus* at esp?

# These entries find devices on all SCSI busses and assign
# unit numers dynamically.
sd0	at scsibus0 target 0 lun 0
sd1	at scsibus0 target 1 lun 0
sd2	at scsibus0 target 2 lun 0
sd3	at scsibus0 target 3 lun 0
st0	at scsibus0 target 4 lun 0
st1	at scsibus0 target 5 lun 0
cd*	at scsibus? target ? lun ?		# SCSI CD-ROMs
ch*	at scsibus? target ? lun ?		# SCSI changer devices

pseudo-device	loop		# loopback interface; required
pseudo-device	pty	32	# pseudo-ttys (for network, etc.)
pseudo-device	sl	2	# SLIP interfaces
pseudo-device	kbd		# Sun keyboard
pseudo-device	ppp	2	# PPP interfaces
pseudo-device	tun	4	# Network "tunnel" device
pseudo-device	bpfilter 16	# Berkeley Packet Filter
pseudo-device	vnd	4	# disk-like interface to files
pseudo-device	ccd	4	# concatenated and striped disks

--- cut here --- cut here --- cut here --- cut here --- cut here --- cut here