Subject: Re: Keyboard sun4.us and Openwindows
To: Daniel C. Sobral <e8917523@sagitarius.linf.unb.br>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/28/1996 08:35:38
   	- How do I set up NetBSD to use another keyboard type? I have some
   SPARCSstations ELC which use the Sun4.US keyboard (or something like that,
   model 4, not 5, for sure) and some keys (such as the keypad) are not
   working.

i have some changes that i will find and send to you that make at least
the "front" and "open" keys work.  it is probably not hard to make them
work for all keys.

   	- Is there any "receipt" of setting up X Windows to look like
   Openwindows on NetBSD?

well, the simplest way to do this is to run *real* openwin.  just put
it in /usr/openwin and it should work, as long as you have set up
compat_sunos (see compat_sunos(8)).

note:  i will also try to get the keymaps into the netbsd/sparc X11R6.1
binary set that will be distributed with 1.2 (sparc only?), and into
all following releases.  but no promises on 1.2  :)

.mrg.