Subject: Re: Keyboard sun4.us and Openwindows
To: None <e8917523@sagitarius.linf.unb.br>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/27/1996 14:11:40
> From: "Daniel C. Sobral" <e8917523@sagitarius.linf.unb.br>
> Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 20:05:39 +0000 (GMT)
>
> I'd like to know two things:
>
> 	- How do I set up NetBSD to use another keyboard type? I have some
> SPARCSstations ELC which use the Sun4.US keyboard (or something like that,
> model 4, not 5, for sure) and some keys (such as the keypad) are not
> working.

The keypad keys (etc.) are supported by the new keyboard driver
found in src/sys/dev/sun but I don't think anyone has taken on
the task of making the sparc port use that driver.  I think it
would also improve serial input reliability on the sparc if the
new tty driver therein were used.  It certainly helped to fix
some flow-control problems for the sun3 port...

> 	- Is there any "receipt" of setting up X Windows to look like
> Openwindows on NetBSD?
Can't help you there..

Gordon