Subject: Re: boot problems
To: Zadok <ml@rz.uni-potsdam.de>
From: Hubert Feyrer <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/22/1996 04:11:50
> loaded the sun hangs and I got lots of RPC_TIMEOUT's and that was it
> then... the NetBSD bootloader loads the kernel via NFS, right ? My kernel
> lies in that directory that should be the sun's root... so why the kernel
> gets loedad but then the indy seems not to like NFS anymore ?

The RPC timeouts are not from NFS but from rpc.bootparam-calls, with
which the netbsd-kernel tries to find it's root- and swap-partition,
fire up rpc.bootparamd somewhere (with propper configuration).
(please note that bootparam != bootp)

Hubert

      Weekdays: Rennerstr. 19, D-93053 Regensburg, Tel. 0941/943-1333
      Weekends: Bachstr. 40,   D-84066 Mallersdorf, Tel. 08772/6084
      Internet: hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de, IRC: hubertf