Subject: Re: Swap problem
To: None <fred@warka.ai.univ-paris8.fr>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Holo.Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/19/1996 21:57:11
> How to add swap on sparc NetBSD 1.2_ALPHA ???
> The command swapon say device not configured and disklabel seems to
> be ok.

> bash# swapon /dev/sd1b
> swapon: /dev/sd1b: device not configured

"config netbsd root on ... swap on ... and sd1b" in your kernel config
(for appropriate values of ..., of course).

Yes, it is a misfeature that you cannot, at run-time, swap on devices
that were not named when the kernel was configured (except for the
special case of "swap generic", which allows swapping just about
anywhere but only for the primary swap location).

I would love it if someone would fix this.  If nobody else does I will
probably get around to it myself.  Eventually.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu
		    01 EE 31 F6 BB 0C 34 36  00 F3 7C 5A C1 A0 67 1D