Subject: Re: gdb's next
To: Dieter Baron <dillo@giga.or.at>
From: Bruce Allen Ediger <metamatic!ediger@uucp-1.csn.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/17/1996 11:06:06
On 13 Aug 1996, Dieter Baron wrote:

> i'm having trouble with gdb (both 4.11 that came with the distribution
> and 4.15.1) on my sparc-netbsd-1.1 system:  it seems to have trouble
> inserting breakpoints for next; next sometimes runs the program to
> completion, sometimes triggers a trap signal; (sometimes it even
> works).  especially troublesome seem to be if and while lines.

I use the stock gdb (GDB 4.11) on NetBSD/sparc 1.1 (no 'A' or 'B' as far
as I can tell) on an old SS IPC (ROM rev 2.9, serial number 37000).

I noticed the same problem with the 'n' or 'next' command, but I thought
it mostly happened on lines that had a C-preprocessor macro.

I've also noticed that gdb sometimes will start giving back bad values
for 'p' or 'x' commands after a long session.

Sincerely,
Bruce Ediger