Subject: Re: NetBSD/sparc on SS10/412, anyone?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andre Skarzynski <andre@capes1.vector.co.za>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/14/1996 08:40:16
Aaron Brown writes:

> At this point, it certainly will *not* use both processors--it should boot on
> two, but it will only _use_ one.
>
> Also, I'm not sure what a SM41 processor is. NetBSD/sparc only supports
> SuperSPARC-style processors on the SS10/SS20; if the SM41 is HyperSPARC-based,
> it won't work.

I have a SS10 with two SM41 modules, and they are SuperSPARC modules.

Basically, you can see from the name that it is SuperSPARC, eg SM20 - SM61 are
all SuperSPARC, albit the SM71 and SM81 are SuperSPARC II modules. The HS11,
HS14 and HS21 are hyperSPARC modules. But, what puts the spanner in the works,
is the SM151, which is a hyperSPARC! :-/

Hope this helps. I fortantly have the SunMicrosystems field service guides at
my finger tips! :-)

--

 Andre' B. Skarzynski
 andre@vector.co.za