Subject: SMD changes from 1.1 to 1.2_BETA?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@mit.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/10/1996 04:48:20
	I have a 4/380 system running from a SMD drive (a CDC
9720-850) that I recently installed NetBSD 1.1 on. It runs quite
happily, but I thought I'd bring it up to -current for that
bleeding-edge feeling. Anyway, the machine boots happily enough under
last week's kernel, but soon after getting a login prompt and actually
using the machine, disk operations wedge the machine and control is
restored only when the watchdog timeout for the drive goes off.
	Did xd code change greatly since 1.1? I can re-generate the
offending kernel if people know more interesting tests to perform.

	- Nathan