Subject: Continuing ie1 problems.
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/25/1996 10:00:27
	I finally decided to take out the code that prints out

Jul 24 12:41:08 repeat /netbsd: vme: spurious interrupt
Jul 24 12:41:08 repeat /netbsd: stray interrupt ipl 5 pc=f8062080 npc=f8062084 p

	to my console (which is very annoying).  Anyways, once I did
that, doing the same thing (a remote dump to a local tape), I got the
following:

Jul 24 15:05:59 repeat savecore: reboot after panic: crazy interrupts
Jul 24 15:06:01 repeat savecore: writing core to /var/crash/netbsd.8.core
Jul 24 15:07:18 repeat savecore: writing kernel to /var/crash/netbsd.8

	(obviously that's from savecore), but like every single other
kernel dump I've got, I get:

[2:3:303]dgilbert@repeat:/u/crash> gdb -k netbsd.8.core netbsd.8
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.11 (sparc-netbsd), Copyright 1993 Free Software Foundation, Inc...

"/u/crash/netbsd.8.core": not in executable format: File format not recognized.

/u/crash/netbsd.8: No such file or directory.
(kgdb) quit
[2:4:304]dgilbert@repeat:/u/crash> gdb -k netbsd.8 netbsd.8.core
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.11 (sparc-netbsd), Copyright 1993 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
(no debugging symbols found)...

/u/crash/netbsd.8.core: Bad address.
(kgdb) bt
No stack.
(kgdb) quit

	So... I'm not further ahead.  The 'crazy interupts' panic is
the consequence of 'stray interrupt' happening to often in quick
succession (I know where it is in the code).  However, this is all
happening with activity on ie1 --- which is a VME ethernet board.  It
is configured as:

Jul 24 14:24:49 repeat /netbsd: ie1 at vmes0 addr 0xffe88000 vec 0x75 pri 5 addr
ess 08:00:20:06:ac:a6, type multibus/vme

	Now there is another problem with this interface that I'll
mention here --- with certain types of traffic, in particular either
TCP outbound or TCP inbound and outbound at the same time, I get
panics that I've posted here before --- where it's some memory problem
inside the tcp/ip or ie driver.  I don't know if the two problems are
related.

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |