Subject: Re: boot problems with an ELC
To: Peter Svensson <petersv@df.lth.se>
From: Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/07/1996 14:09:04
> > So I copied over the kernel sources from a June 10th SUP.  I built
> > installboot, boot, and bootxx, and ran the binstall script.  Now
> > the David's kernel boots to the point where it reports "root on
> > sd0a" and then all the keyboard lights flash, the disk arm swings
> > a bit, and nothing else, until I press L1-A 8-(  I was going to
>
> Sounds like a case of missing devices. Have you run MAKEDEV?

That's exactly what it was.  Thanks, Peter and der Mouse.  I get
burned by this every time, you'd think I'd learn.  (On the other
hand, I only do it about every third year...)

Now, WRT my kernel sources not linking, is that a case of a
tools/source compatibility clash, old sources (June 10th), or
something else?  Any guesses?

Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>