Subject: Re: NetBSD <-> OpenBSD
To: None <neil@domino.org>
From: David S. Miller <dm@neteng.engr.sgi.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/02/1996 09:55:37
   From: "Neil J. McRae" <neil@domino.org>
   Date: Tue, 02 Jul 1996 14:27:36 +0100

   I'm not a coder but one thing is for sure, I'd hate to see any
   broken linuxisms in NetBSD.

If there existed software that did not have broken aspects, we'd all
have nothing to do and could all go to the beach and call it a day.
(Fortunately) software does have some problems no matter what, I
personally find it more productive (and personally rewarding!) to
therefore spend my time trying to decrease the number of those
problems instead of complaining about it.

Neil you have a very poor attitude in my opinion, and if you think all
us "linux people" are out to get you and impurify your nice BSD code,
we are not.  Perhaps once that sinks in, you will not banter out like
a child when one of us tries to make helpful suggestions to this list.
You give us more and more reason not to be helpful and to just sit
back and have open ears yet closed mouths, for fear of being struck by
the tongue of various serpents should we make a sound.

I for one can't wait until the Linux networking stack is as finely
architected and as well defined universally as the BSD networking
code.  We have the performance, but we still need to sweep things up.

Later,
David S. Miller
dm@sgi.com