Subject: Re: NetBSD <-> OpenBSD
To: Miguel de Icaza <miguel@roxanne.nuclecu.unam.mx>
From: James Michael Chacon <jmc@pobox.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/01/1996 08:08:38
>Well, actually you guys may be interested in taking a look at the
>Linux kernel.  You could for instance fix the ethernet driver on 4m
>machines, add support for more 4m machines (we have work arounds for
>many 4m mmu bugs) and take a look at David Miller's SMP code for the
>Sparc.

As far as I know, all 4M class machines now work under netbsd. Could
be wrong, but my ss5 works fine (no cache yet, but that's a side issue).

Anyways, I'm sure if people wish to they'll have a look at the linux stuff.
I did once, and unfortunately my first impression was "This boot, how?"
Of course things may have changed since then. Besides that, the entire
linux kernel I beleive is GPL'd which makes it non-useful to anyone here.

>I wonder why you did not flame the other people since the beginning of
>the thread (look at the subject, looks quite off-topic to me in
>port-sparc).

I agree. This entire concept of keeping flamming down as it's non
productive to anything hasn't quite sunk in yet with Neil.

James