Subject: Re: NetBSD <-> OpenBSD
To: None <curt@portal.ca>
From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel@roxanne.nuclecu.unam.mx>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/29/1996 09:48:00
> I continue to have Linux folks tell me that Linux runs on Sparcs as
> well, but have yet to see it running.

I know it is sort of off-topic, but maybe some of you may be
interested:

You can get precompiled Linux/SPARC kernel images from:

vger.rutgers.edu:/pub/linux/Sparc/images

Latest version of the kernel sources from:

vger.rutgers.edu:/pub/linux/Sparc/snapshots

A mostly complete Red Hat Linux distribution for Linux/SPARC is
available in: ftp.redhat.com:/pub/devel/sparc

Here you will find pointer to some other interesting stuff:
http://www.geog.ubc.ca/sparclinux.html

Linux/SPARC boots currently on sun4c and on sun4ms that have one of
these mmus: hypersparc, viking, tsunamis, swift and we almost have
cypress support.  It also has SMP support for those of you with dual
cpu machines.  Linux/SPARC also works on the Fujitsu AP1000+
distributed memory multi-computer (http://cap.anu.edu.au/cap/projects/linux/)

Miguel.