Subject: General query about NetBSD/sparc
To: NetBSD/sparc <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Frisch <mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/28/1996 00:28:13
Hi All!

	I have been subscribed to this list for a while now, but haven't
really been paying attention as of late.  I am currently running SunOS
4.1.3_U1 on my SPARCstation IPC and would like to upgrade to NetBSD/sparc
sometime in the future.

	I am curious to know where NetBSD/sparc stands in comparison to
stability and performance of SunOS 4.1.3_U1.  I am running a small UUCP
news/email feed, INN serving news on my local LAN, X, and some other
fairly large apps (ie. emacs) right now.  Could I install NetBSD/sparc and
expect performance similar (or better) to that of SunOS with about the
same reliability?

	On another note, does NetBSD/sparc support virtual interfaces?
This would definitely influence my decision to run NetBSD on my Sun.

Thanks.

Mike.

Mike Frisch                             Email: mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org
Northstar Technologies                 WWW: http://www.io.org/~mfrisch
Newmarket, Ontario, CANADA                      Compuserve: 76620,2534