Subject: Re: S4000DX
To: Thomas Prescott <prescott@www.uwstout.edu>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/25/1996 10:52:03
On Tue, 25 Jun 1996 10:35:22 -0500
 Thomas Prescott <prescott@www.uwstout.edu> wrote:

 > The workstations are Solbourne Computer Workstation S4000DX
 > the boot rom is version 2.1.  The work stations are currently
 > running the old 4.3 Sun OS.

Ekk, Solbourne's SunOS was modified, if I recall ... the Solbourne was a
slightly different breed of cat from your standard SPARCstation hardware.

It's quite likely that a few changes will have to be made in order for
NetBSD/sparc to boot on it.

 -- save the ancient forests - http://www.bayarea.net/~thorpej/forest/ --