Subject: Re: 1.2A snap
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/16/1996 00:58:08
   >>Don't use the install.sh script if you're installing over an existing system.
   >
   > isn't that what 'upgrade.sh' is for ?  i'm not sure ...

   Yes, it is.  But I thought that since I was doing it from a SunOS miniroot,
   it would be OK to use "install.sh".  Modulo the problems caused by my "/usr"
   and "/var" having been newfs'd under NetBSD, it might have worked  :-)

ah, now i understand...

this is Nasty!  :-)

   >> differing type.  I seem to recall problems with "more" because of this
   >> (since Matt changed it to being "less"-based between 1.0 and 1.1B).
   >
   > do you remember specifics ?  i've tried to fix any problems with
   > the more mode i've added to less290.

   No problems with "more" the program; perhaps I didn't explain it well enough:
   [ ... ]

ah, good.  :-)

but shouldn't the gtar line include --unlink ??

.mrg.