Subject: Re: More Sun4m troubles (core dumps)..
To: Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
From: Aaron Brown <abrown@eecs.harvard.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/30/1996 18:02:10
On Thu, 30 May 1996, Jake Hamby wrote:
> I'm using -current everything, from a "make build" a few days ago.  I'll
> double-check ld.so, though I'm sure it would've been installed as part of
> the make install.  This is a SPARCstation 20 Model 71 (75MHz
> SuperSPARC-II) if it makes any difference.  After looking at the core
> dumps, I don't think any useful information could be obtained from them
> since they occur in random places, and only occasionally.  Looks like any
> program has the potential to crash under sun4m.

This is strange...I've had absolutely no trouble on the same machine. But
I haven't had a chance to build a kernel recently, and there have been
a bunch of changes to locore, in the same area where a bug early in the
porting process caused the same problems. I'll try to build a new
kernel and see if I can reproduce it (it may take a few days...I'm not
physically near my machine until Monday).

--Aaron