Subject: Sun4m TP Ethernet problem...
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jake Hamby <hamby@aris.jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/29/1996 17:12:29
On a Sun4m (SPARCstation 20), NetBSD-current only looks for Ethernet on
the AUI connector, _not_ the built-in twisted pair jack.  If you plug into
the TP jack, it simply complains "le0: lost carrier".  Can somebody please
look into adding auto-detect AUI/TP probing for the Sun4m?  Thanks in
advance!

Other than this problem, NetBSD-current seems to work perfectly on the
Sun4m.  I'll be sure to complain if I discover any more problems, of
course.  I am cross-posting this to GNATS as an official bug.  Hopefully
it will be fixed in time for 1.2?  Thanks again.

|Jake Hamby| Ask me about Unix, FreeBSD, Solaris, The Tick, Motif, or NT, eh?|
"This space intentionally left blank."