Subject: Other 4/110 users?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/28/1996 17:56:36
Hi,

I'm having problems with my 4/110 under -current (since 4m integration)
and would like to poll the other NetBSDers out there that have them.
I can't remember who you are.. :)
Anyway, if you're using a 4/110 with -current, please let me know!
If you are not running -current, perhaps you could test boot the
kernel on ftp.netbsd.org (/pub/NetBSD/arch/sparc) and see if it can
mount sd0a correctly.

My symptoms for the curious, are that I can't mount sd0a as root, as
init dies with a signal 11.  Mounting root via NFS works fine.  This is
regardless of whether the kernel is booted from the network, or the disk,
and happens with a GENERIC kernel, and a SUN4 specific one.  I've
disklabeled the drive, newfs'd repeatedly, etc, etc.  I don't have
drive to hook to the 4/110 though, but I'm fairly sure it is in the
kernel, not the hardware.
Any debugging suggestions would be welcome!  One possibility would be
to change the kernel so it mounts root read/write, so init will actually
generate a core, but I'm not sure if that would work, or what to change.

-Andrew