Subject: Alas...
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Boven <e.p.boven@student.utwente.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/24/1996 04:40:33
Hi everyone,

Well, I tried my new kernel, and it acts like just about any NetBSD-
kernel I've tried recently: It doesn't like my SCSI. So I'm running
my old OpenBSD-kernel again, and still can't use my tapedrive and
cdrom.

What I get is always a dma-error when it's time to probe the SCSI-
bus. It starts with "dma0: xfer(-65531) > req(5)"
and then a bunch of esp-errors. It will not even get a working
probe of the attached Quantum. I looked in the code a bit, and found
where and how the error-message is generated in dma.c, but that's
about all I can understand of it, alas. How should I go on from here?

Paul Boven, <e.p.boven@student.utwente.nl>  PE1NUT  QRV 145.575 JO32KF
 "And  she  looked  like  she  had  sex,  with  a  tyranosaurus  rex"
Cannibal surf babe     --     Afraid of sunlight     --     Marillion