Subject: Re: NFS mount NIGHTMARE
To: Blake Wickliffe <blakew@arlut.utexas.edu>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/13/1996 22:30:11
> 	Im trying to NFS mount drives on an ELC running NetBSD1.1.  I can
> mount exported directories from a Sun Sparcstation2 just fine.  But when I
> try to mount my home directory (ie networkserver:/homedir) via NFS, the
> terminal just locks up.  Not only that, but ANY program that attempts to
> look at that "mounted" (the quotes are because I cant tell if anything is
> even there, lets say in /mnt) directory, they lock up as well.  This
> includes ls and df.  These processes wont even die if I use a kill -9 on
> them.  Anyone know whats up with this?  Im not even using anything fancy
> anymore, like amd.  Just
>
> 	mount -t nfs server:/homdir

I have had same kind of problems, using a NetBSD -current machine as the
NFS server and other NetBSD machines (Sparc, Amiga) as clients.  I thought
the problems were caused by my PPP link (NFS server is on the other side
of the link).  I haven't found a solution to the problem.  It seems that
when the mount succeeds, I can access the NFS disk without problems, but
usually it's the mount command that locks up.  It never seems to time out.

  -jm

--

                     ---> http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/ <---