Subject: Re: NFS mount NIGHTMARE
To: Blake Wickliffe <blakew@arlut.utexas.edu>
From: Ron G. Minnich <rminnich@Sarnoff.COM>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/13/1996 13:08:19
For this type of problem with NFS, the best thing for me is to have a
solaris host lying around (sorry guys ...) and run
snoop rpc nfs

snoop gives the best nfs traffic dumps I have seen (I much prefer them to
tcpdump, but your tastes may vary ...) and will probably let you see
what's going on. Beware of mounts that succeed when (sometimes) nfs ops
will fail. The weird result is that the mount looks fine but no nfs ops
work at all -- usually followed by a reboot ...

ron

Ron Minnich                |" Microsoft Word: It does so little and it does
rminnich@sarnoff.com       |  it so slowly" -- Maya Gokhale
(609)-734-3120             |
ftp://ftp.sarnoff.com/pub/mnfs/www/docs/cluster.html