Subject: Success!!! :-)
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hubert Feyrer <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/09/1996 05:21:26
Hi,

I just wanted to report that i got NetBSD/sparc V1.1 installed on my SS1+. :)

Installation via NFS was a breeze, after i figured out the NFS-Server has to be
on the same subnet as the machine to install (everything worked until the
kernel wanted to mount the / - well :-). The installation procedure itself was
*very* nice, just hitting <CR> as long as there are any uninstalled packages...
MUCH nicer than on amiga and i386, which i have installed before.

Next things are compiling a kernel, getting tcsh and X running. I'll look into
some cross-platform-development then (ways to compile software for more than
one architecture from a source tree; not necessarily cross-compiling, though).

Again, thanks a lot to everyone who has made this possible!!! :-)

Hubert

--
      Weekdays: Rennerstr. 19, D-93053 Regensburg, Tel. 0941/943-2905