Subject: Re: Status of multicast tools under NetBSD?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/07/1996 23:55:35
> The "sd", "vat" and "wb" binaries in the above are the SunOS binaries,
> slightly whacked to overcome an ioctl() problem in NetBSD 1.0 (which has since
> been addressed by pk, so they don't need whacking anymore).

Note that some releases of "vat" for SunOS try to be clever and detect
what system they're running on (SunOS vs. BSD) by trying to manipulate
`/dev/audioctl'. Since the process, when run under NetBSD, is still in
SunOS emulation mode, this defeats the sunos_compat ioctl conversion
code.

Since I understand there's now a source release of vat, this point should
now be moot pretty soon.

-pk