Subject: Re: IPI disk support-when?
To: Bourne-again Superuser <toor@jolt.tjhsst.edu>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/06/1996 08:30:32
On Mon, 6 May 1996 08:29:36 -0400
 Bourne-again Superuser <toor@jolt.tjhsst.edu> wrote:

 > I noticed that NetBSD 1.1 doesn't have support for IPI drives, but is there
 > any work being done in this area? It would be a shame if our 12 GB drives had
 > to be served off of SunOS machines.

I guess it's a matter of no one with the necessary combination of:

	- hardware
	- docs
	- driver writing ability

has written one yet. :-)

As a side not, if anyone *does* write up IPI support, it should probably
be handled the way SCSI is handled by NetBSD (i.e. MI IPI bus code and
device code, with machine-dependent controller drivers).

----save the ancient forests - http://www.bayarea.net/~thorpej/forest/----