Subject: Re: Recent talk about SS 10's
To: Yoshua Gilbert <yoshua@eskimo.com>
From: anthony baxter <anthony.baxter@aaii.oz.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/02/1996 15:14:31
As a counter-example:
We have around a dozen SS10s here - they were all on a very busy
ethernet, using the onboard port, and I never saw a problem with them
as workstations. Ever. The only machine that had problems was the
fileserver at one point, but it's quite possible that it was actually a
dodgy motherboard that caused the reliability problems we had with it,
as it failed a month or two later.

We're now all on a switched ethernet, and I still haven't seen the SS10
onboard ethernet lock up.