Subject: Why can I net boot?!
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Scott J. Ellentuch <tuc@tucslap.stormking.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/30/1996 20:21:59
Hi,

	Whats the deal here folks?  I thought the NetBSD system was going
to be the easier of the two (NetBSD/Linux) to get booted.  It seems I got
the Linux to go to a shell prompt, and I can't even get the NetBSD kernel
to load.

	I tried both the 1.1 netbsd and netbsd.GENERIC, but after they load
they keep sending broadcast TFTP packets and then die of "receive failed".

	I got 2 different netboot programs, and it seems that after it tftps
the loader it doesn't like the ethernet device.  What gives?  I'm quite
disappointed.  If I can get this working by Wednesday night I'll have to
give up on it for a while as I'm going to Australia for a month 1/2.  I
had hoped to get the system to a point where I could do work on it over the
net but that doesn't look like the case!

	Help!?

				Tuc
--
Scott J. Ellentuch, The Telecom Security Group, Newburgh, NY

"Over the UUCP link, out the ethernet, through the media converter, down
the fiber, off a router, down the 56K, past my ISP...nothing but Net" -
with poetic license from Dave Owen of IBM