Subject: Re: changes from apr 15 to apr 23
To: Neil J. McRae <neil@domino.org>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/28/1996 10:22:37
On Sun, 28 Apr 1996 14:01:13 +0100
 "Neil J. McRae" <neil@domino.org> wrote:

 > Hah! OK, Stick a floppy in your disk drive and boot! The kernels that hang
 > at root on sd0 now boot!

Oh, that's *very* interesting ... y'know, I never thought of that ...
(says Jason, with sun4m boot floppy sticking out of the drive)...now that
you mention it, I *have* had a floppy with a sun4m kernel on it in the
drive for at least a couple of weeks.

Nonetheless, the problem has recently "appeared" ... I.e. I used to be
able to boot without a floppy in the drive ... maybe I'll go try out that
hypothesis later on today (gotta go into work to test it out).