Subject: Re: changes from apr 15 to apr 23
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Neil J. McRae <neil@domino.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/28/1996 13:28:03
On Sat, 27 Apr 1996 09:43:04 -0700
 Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov> wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Apr 1996 14:13:12 GMT
>  christos@deshaw.com (Christos Zoulas) wrote:
>
>  > Funny thing is that those exact changes fixed my ELC problem... There may
be
>  > some timing calculation in the esp driver that makes the difference.
>
> uhh ... except that, at least on my ss1, it lost in the bowels of
> malloc()...It wa only by coincidence, I think, that it happened to be
> malloc()ing a scsi_link struct.

Hmm.

I just built a current kernel for sun4m and sun4c.

The 4m kernel boots fine. The 4c kernel hangs at root on sd0, but I can
L1-A it.

This reminded me of a problem that I had a while ago, so I tried something.

I took removed the floppy disk driver from my config file, made a kernel
and this booted fine on my IPX.

I would assume then that something in the fd driver is hanging the kernel?

Hmm, I just thought of something else, reboot needed...

Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae.                               DNS: Domino Network Services
neil@domino.org        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)