Subject: sun4m (LX) crashes...
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/27/1996 13:50:01
Hi,

When I run 'make build' on my LX, or just 'make depend' in /usr/src,
it will eventually panic.  I don't have a trace yet, but the panic
message looks like: (one of)
	panic: pv_unlink
	panic: kernel fault
	panic: pmap_page_protect !PG_V

Usually the panic is pmap_page_protect.  Also, gcc/make will often
die with an "illegal instruction" signal.
This is with either the snapshot kernel, or my own GENERIC_SCSI3.
I was thinking my new GENERIC_SCSI3 was working better, but it doesn't
appear to be now.  Another "interesting" thing, is that dmesg can't
recognize my cores in /var/crash.  I get a "magic number incorrect"
or something error, so I'm not sure I have a valid core.
My hardware:
	Sparc LX
	24MB
	builtin cgsix
	builtin le
	builtin ESP
	SUN0535 disk
	SBUS 100Mbs Fast Ethernet
	(qec at sbus0 slot 0 offset 0x20000 not configured)

-Andrew