Subject: Re: Hiya, folks
To: Larry McVoy <lm@gate1-neteng.engr.sgi.com>
From: Theo de Raadt <deraadt@theos.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/23/1996 15:27:18
Sorry, Larry, but I think that David needs no apologies to be made for
him.  He has done absolutely nothing wrong.

I think the NetBSD people have consistantly screamed and yelled and
gotten upset whenever someone else has done some other good stuff; of
course -- everything else anyone might do detracts from NetBSD, right?

He simply tried to help (hey, guys? have you re-read the sequence of
mail? see the immediate first responses? "but that guy who replied,
never mind him..."  gone back through the archives? your kind THRIVES
on slamming other people's creations. you don't neccessarily encourage
slamming people on lists, but you certainly don't discourage it
(anymore))

And for his help he got stomped on by a bunch of "my OS is better than
yours" assholes.

Seen it before.

And it's going to keep happening, the way I see it.