Subject: A few Sun4m changes
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Aaron Brown <abrown@eecs.harvard.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/21/1996 22:36:18
Hi all,

I just checked in some changes to allow the Sun4m to use its maximum possible
SBus burst size. This works fine on the machines I've tried, but please let
me know (at abrown@netbsd.org) if any problems come up.

In addition, this patch now looks at the PROM's ethernet cable selection.
This will not fix the problem that was "discussed" a few days ago, since
the PROM tends to not know or give out this information. As soon as I
work out a cleaner/MI version of the patch posted here a few days ago
to /sys/dev/ic/am7990.c I will check that in too. Do note that the kernel
now defaults to TP instead of AUI, however!

--Aaron