Subject: Re: binutils-2.6 from FreeBSD to NetBSD
To: Gerd Truschinski <gt@freebsd.first.gmd.de>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/21/1996 19:47:58
   Are there any patches to build a 'sparc-netbsd1.1-ld' cross-ld?

   I have problems to run 'sparc-netbsd1.1-ld -x -r divdi3.o.o -o divdi3.o'
   The 'trsize' in the header is not correctly set. This happens with
   binutils-2.6 as with the latest gas snapshot from Cygnus.

   I asked this question on tech-ports but got no response.

the NetBSD ld is ... rather different to anything that the FSF
and/or cygnus distributes.  it is not surprising that it doesn't
work.  i'd try to port the netbsd ld, perhaps...

   And now a second question. To which list should I mail problems
   with the archives that majordomo did create?

<list>-owner@netbsd.org, or postmaster@netbsd.org.