Subject: Re: SUP
To: Neil J. McRae <neil@domino.org>
From: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/20/1996 18:24:17
On Sat, 20 Apr 1996, Neil J. McRae wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Apr 1996 09:42:14 -0400 (EDT)
>  dej@achilles.net (David Jones) wrote:
>
> > > Anyone ported sup to sunos? and can give me a patch/source?
> >
> > Yup.  It wasn't all that hard - mainly filling in strerror() and
> > friends.  I might have also had to remove encryption and compression
> > but I'm not sure.  I've since removed the source since this was disk
> > space on my school account.
> >
> I got stuck on vsnprintf() ...

	The 'quick hack' approach is to
	#define vsnprintf=vprintf
	and have a quick check the buffer sizes are nice & large. :)

	I'm sure the syslog patches that came out not so long ago to
	stop buffer overflows on just about every syslog around had
	a version of snprintf - does anyone have a copy of those patches?

                   David/abs             (david@mono.org)

  System Manager, Southern Studios, Box 59, London N22 1AR. +44 181 888 8949
  Monochrome - telnet mono.org  http://www.netbsd.org - un*x for pc,sun,mac,
  **Largest UK Internet BBS!**  http://www.openbsd.org  dec,atari,amiga+more