Subject: Re: General sun4m problems (Re: Disk formatting and labelling under NetBSD/sparc?)
To: David S. Miller <davem@caip.rutgers.edu>
From: Neil J. McRae <neil@domino.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/19/1996 11:20:39
On Thu, 18 Apr 1996 08:17:19 -0400
 "David S. Miller" <davem@caip.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> Aparently, nobody likes competition around here, ok I'll be quiet with
> my comments then.

Just for your info, I don't give a toss about competition, your remark was
unhelpful, and derrogatory [sp]. I have a specific project that makes me
want to use NetBSD on sparcs, PC's and other systems. Thats why I subscribe
to port-sparc and not to your linux mailinglists. It does not concern me
what linuxsparc can do as I _know_ NetBSD on all the platforms that it
supports can carry out my application tasks.  Linux has other license
limitations that make me want to puke, and simply does not do what I require.

I prefer the style of operation that NetBSD promotes, I sleep at night
because I trust the way that core is progressing NetBSD. I used to have
this feeling with Linux back before 1.0, but now after viewing some of the
disasters I could never use Linux in a real time money making organisation.

I await patiently for further progress on NetBSD/sparc and I do all I can to
help this, I'm not a programmer but I have access to many types of sparc
and this is helpful to the sparc developers. I have every confidence that
NetBSD/sparc will eventually support SMP and the Ultrasparc. I am doing
all I can to obtain the latter so that I can supply it to someone
who can do this task.

If you feel that you need to boast about what you can do in your projects
then I truly feel sorry for you, you must have some kind of insecurity
complex, in such a case I offer nothing. After reading the linuxsparc
mail archives yesterday, I can truly say that:

	"Dave, You need to get out more often"

Once in that past there was such a discussion that did not fill out
the charter of this mailing list, cgd@NetBSD.ORG saw fit to moderate
this out, I would hope that any such further discussion such as this
be filtered out of port-sparc.  I like NetBSD/sparc and I don't
want to hear about linuxsparc, so please don't waste my time.

Regards,
Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae.                               DNS: Domino Network Services
neil@domino.org        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)