Subject: Re: General sun4m problems (Re: Disk formatting and labelling under NetBSD/sparc?)
To: David S. Miller <davem@caip.rutgers.edu>
From: Neil J. McRae <neil@domino.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/18/1996 12:26:26
On Wed, 17 Apr 1996 23:01:13 -0400
 "David S. Miller" <davem@caip.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> Aaron doesn't even attempt to check if the le is using a tpe or aui
> connection, nor does he ask the prom for what burst sizes the bus is
> capable of handling for dvma.  Therefore I'm surprised the le ever
> works on the sun4m unless you netboot the kernel (in which case the
> prom sets the proper bits in the dma csr, but even this isn't
> reliable).

Well I can tell you that le0 works on NetBSD/sparc Sun4m.

> Under SparcLinux we do not have these problems.

Whoopdy doo for you, If your only posts to this group are going to be
to mock NetBSD/sparc then please piss off and do it somewhere else.

Regards,
Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae.                               DNS: Domino Network Services
neil@domino.org        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)