Subject: Re: Disk formatting and labelling under NetBSD/sparc?
To: None <dennis@jnx.com>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/15/1996 14:18:36
> In any case, the best solution would be to be able to label (and
> reformat, though I could do without this) a Sun disk from NetBSD.

There's always my "sunlabel", though it's a bit cheezy, 'cause it
scribbles on the raw disk and thus makes you reboot afterwards (or, if
you're using a removable disk, eject and reinsert it).  But it works
for me on NetBSD/sparc, NetBSD/sun3, and SunOS/sparc, and probably
would work equally well on most big-endian machines.  I don't think it
will work on little-endian machines as it stands, but it wouldn't be
very hard to make it so.

I sent a version of it out here (and to port-sun3) a while ago; I will
also be glad to send my current version to anyone who wants a copy.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu