Subject: esp driver and reselection
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@skate.demon.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/06/1996 21:50:26
Hello - remember my disappearing files problem of a month or so ago?  I have,
as of a couple of weeks ago, found the cause - its apparently to do with
reselection, and following the tip I saw here (?) I made an addition to the
scsi_quirk_table array in sys/scsi/scsiconf.c to mark my drive as different
in this regard.  it works fine like that; all my files stay where they are
supposed to be.

	{{T_DIRECT, T_FIXED,
	"IBM     ", "0663L12         ", ""},     SDEV_AUTOSAVE},

I duly sent a pr suggesting my addition, but I've been told that its not a
worthy thing to add in, because its not my drive, but rather the esp driver
that is faulty..  watching the sup reports, things are happening with the
sparc device drivers, so I guess its being worked on.

But I thought I would mention it anyway, is this a known problem on a
TODO list somewhere?

]ain