Subject: sun4m
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/01/1996 02:35:13
I've folded most of Aaron's sun4m work into -current today, together with
all my changes to make it work still on sun4/sun4c. If it doesn't, it's
my fault.

The GENERIC configuration file should produce a kernel that can boot on
any currently supported sun4, sun4c or sun4m machine. As always, a
smaller (and hopefully faster) kernel will result from building from a
architecture specific config file (cf. conf/SUN4M):

-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  1272473 Apr  1 00:31 netbsd.GENERIC*
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  936660 Mar 31 23:54 /netbsd.SUN4M*

(note I've not tested the kernel on a sun4 machine yet)

I'll upload the generic kernel to ftp.netbsd.org sometime this week.

-pk