Subject: Sendmail still not compiled correctly.
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/31/1996 12:26:25
	Sendmail is still not correctly compiled by our build tree.
I'm a little confused on the issue, since the symptom that I am
observing is supposedly fixed after version 2.6.x in gcc.  I thought
we had upgraded, but now I'm puzzled.

	The problem is when I have a uucp-only sendmail.cf file.  I
can supply this file if anyone wants to have a look at it.  When I
send mail and there is no DNS available (ie. I'm not on the net at the
momment), then sendmail stalls delivery of the message indefinately.

	Anyways, I have a sendmail binary that I managed to compile
from the sendmail sources.  Unlike other programs, it is nearly
impossible to replace the sendmail executable by putting it in
/usr/local --- too many things access it --- MUA's, uucp, list
processors, cron, etc.

	Besides frobbing my local copy of the usr.sbin makefile, is
there some easy way to insure that NetBSD's sendmail does not
overwrite mine while I track current?  Is it possible that we can make
sure that sendmail is uucp-friendly?

	Maybe a good solution here might be to have makefiles look in
a /usr/src/local last for local compile trees of executables.

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |