Subject: Re: Progress on the "Everything dumps core" problem
To: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/29/1996 23:21:09
On Fri, 29 Mar 1996, David Gilbert wrote:

> 	I just wanted to comment on this thread (which I've CC'd to
> port-i386) that I have experienced the 'everything core dumps' on my
> NetBSD386 box....One pecuilarity that I have seen is that if you are logged in
> with a shell and things start core dumping, that logging out and back
> in again can sometimes fix the problem.

I'd forgotten about this, but I get this too. It will only be for one
particular shell, and closing that window will fix the problem. I've
not tried static binaries in that window when this starts, however, but
I will do that next time I see the problem.

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.