Subject: Re: Recent VME spurrious interupts...
To: Chris Torek <torek@bsdi.com>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/22/1996 23:41:15
>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Torek <torek@BSDI.COM> writes:

Chris> Is this really `ie1', or `le1'?

	It is really and truely an ie1.

Chris>  The le's should not fail this
Chris> way, but the VME `ie's will.  Chuck Hedrick explained why once
Chris> -- the problem is that ie0 is on the CPU card and ie1 is on the
Chris> VME bus, and ie0 actually interrupts at a higher priority than
Chris> ie1.  (I believe this was the case for the sun3, and am not at
Chris> all sure about the VME sun4.)

	If this is really a problem that should ocaisionally occur,
can we get it off the console stuff?  I'd really rather only get
messages there that matter to me or indicate a serious problem (by the
frequency and manner of this error, it seems like we'd get the same
value by warning about collisions on the console).

Chris> The Sbus-based le driver should simply service the first
Chris> interrupting le, and then return; the level-triggered
Chris> interrupts will make the code try the other le device at that
Chris> point.

	This is a 4/260.  It does not have an Sbus.

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |