Subject: Report and outstanding issues...
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/15/1996 12:31:14
	I have posted a similar message to the port-i386 list with the
issues relavent to it.

	I now have the 386 attached to an 8 port AUI concentrator with
my Sun4/260.  While I never did get them to talk on thin wire, this
solution is working.  The 386 is building it's world now over NFS, and
performance is reasonable.  However;

	Ethernet seems broken in two ways.  The ie0 (bulitin ethernet)
spits out ethernet underruns to the point of being unusable.  It will
ping and ping -f fine, but a 'dir' under ftp will just hang.  The ie1
(VME ethernet card) seems to work fine.  However, I get this report
occaisionally:

Mar 15 01:35:19 repeat /netbsd: stray interrupt ipl 5 pc=f80166e0 npc=f80166e4 psr=8000c3<S,PS>

	I had never seen this message before the second ethernet
card.  It's config line is:

Mar 11 23:49:06 repeat /netbsd: ie1 at vmes0 addr 0xffe88000 vec 0x75 pri 5 address 08:00:20:06:ac:a6, type multibus/vme

	I am also still having problems with my archive-viper 150 meg
drive.  I'd like to hear if anyone else is.  The symptom I'm seeing is
'SCSI bus reset' happening a few times, then the tape read failing.

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |