Subject: DMA underrun is progres... or... The end of the Ethernet Saga?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG, port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/12/1996 22:17:19
	I want to start by thanking everyone for their help.  It turns
out that part of the problem was (by one person's description) that
the card and tranciever that I was using did not provide enough power
to the network cable.  While I'm not 100% positive of that
explaination, I have managed to solve the problem.

	I found a 'Delni' lying around at work.  It's a concentrator
for AUI type connections.  Connecting the PC and the Sun4/260 to it
did the trick... I have a network.  I can ping... and I can rlogin.

	However (oh no, they say), I'm getting bit abominally bad by
the 'ie0: DMA underrun' message.  If I try an FTP transfer (like when
you type 'dir'), I get a quick smattering of messages... and
eventually the pc will time out.

	The nfs mount command went fine.  However, an ls -l of a
directory on the mounted drive is still producing these messages, and
it probably will until I get the machine to reboot.

	Any help with the DMA underrun?

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |