Subject: Before I totally forget the crash...
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/10/1996 13:13:59
	Before I completely forget the crash, I'm going to try to
report it.  This happened late during the night tree times, so you
know the state I was in when I looked at it --- I was just up for a
washroom break.

	Anyhoo, the top of the stack was in fs_write (or  so), and it
went down through a number of functions to get to the block allocation
routine (I don't have the exact name, but if you asked me 'is this
it,' then I'd be able to tell you.

	This all was happening as syslogd started and tried to sync
the messages file with the dmesg buffer.

	Anyways... before I can have a chance of reproducing that
again, someone has to fix the sparc tape support (my viper 150 isn't
working as previously posted).  I'm going to need it as I bring up my
third NetBSD box (Sun4/Amiga, now i386, soon Sun3, too).

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |