Subject: Re: xd driver fix
To: Don Koch <aardvark@krl.krl.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/03/1996 18:45:29
On Sun, 03 Mar 1996 20:12:40 -0500
 "Don Koch" <aardvark@krl.krl.com> wrote:

 > Just a note to let those of you who care that I've sent in a patch for
 > some serious Xylogics 753/7053 driver bugs.  I've actually mounted a
 > drive on a 3/280.

That's teriffic...Charles Hannum, Chuck Cranor, and I were working on it
one day a couple of weeks ago, but didn't actually get the drive to mount...

 > I don't know if there is a similar problem on the sparc, but I sent in
 > a patch to fix the same problems I found in the sun3 code.  I (and, more
 > to the point, several others) would appreciate someone testing this patch
 > on a Sun4 with a Xylogics 7053 controller.  Since I don't have a sparc
 > (vme or otherwise), I can't test the sparc version of this patch.  (If
 > someone want's to donate a board... :-).

The sparc version works well ... but, your diffs look like they will work
on that version, too ... they should probably go into that one so that
one day the two ports can share xd/xy drivers...