Subject: Adding HD to NetBSD vs. SunOS
To: NetBSD/sparc <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Frisch <mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/03/1996 19:40:39
	I have just recently picked up an older HD from a CORE RAID array.
I formatted it under SunOS (using 'format') and created the disk label in
NetBSD/sparc.  I am able to "newfs" under NetBSD and have it work
perfectly, but if I try to "newfs" under SunOS, I get a "no entry in env -
memory fault" error.  Can somebody tell me what the difference between the
handling of disk labels between these two OSes?  Why is this disk not
working in SunOS?

	I really want to get the drive going with SunOS right now, but
I'll be using it with NetBSD/sparc in the future.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks.

Mike.

     Mike Frisch                    Internet: mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org
     Northstar Technologies		       Compuserve: 76620,2534
     Newmarket, Ontario, CANADA       WWW: http://www.io.org/~mfrisch